Saturday, April 01, 2006

Welcome!

Hi, and welcome to my new blog.

Wondering what the title means? Well if you went to UWI Mona when I did (early 90s) you would have spent many an hour ‘lymin’ on the spine’ (translated: hanging out on the corridors or spine connecting different areas of UWI) discussing the important issues of the day – and the not so important ones!

This blog will be done in that spirit I hope – a place where like minded people, probably of Caribbean background, can come to discuss the important (and not so important) issues of the day – especially as they relate to the Caribbean and its people.

A little about me:

I was born in the UK but left when I was 10 to go and live in Jamaica, land we love and for many of us, unfortunately, land we leave! I had a full, very happy and interesting life on the Rock which I will probably refer to over the coming months, but returned, albeit reluctantly to the UK in 2001.

I’m heavily interested in current events especially as they relate to Afro-Caribbean issues, I’m also interested in the arts, media, cars, good food and good conversation. Hope there’ll be lots of that to come.

Until later . . .

No comments: