Wednesday, April 05, 2006

Divine Appointments

So Portia has pronounced that she was appointed by God and that Christians should follow her on this basis. Mmmmm.

I am a Christian and I have also been a staunch supporter of Sistah P – but I must admit I was very disturbed by the comment. The first thing that came to mind was that she sounded like Bush and Blair – not attractive comparisons in my mind. Both of these leaders have said something along similar lines and to my mind they have been signs that these leaders are out of touch with reality and are ‘playing host to dead creatures up their nether regions,’ (translation: sometin’ crawl up dem ass and dead!)

Now I don’t really believe God is in the business of appointing political leaders. I believe that much can be accomplished through God, with prayer and obedience, but do I believe he appointed Mrs. Simpson Miller? No.

I do believe that as a serious Christian (as she gives the appearance of being) she can be of great service to Jamaica – through prayer and obedience and a servant attitude. I hope her pronouncement had these sentiments at heart and that they just came out sounding somewhat bombastic.

In the meantime, we continue to see what happens . . . .

No comments: