Wednesday, August 09, 2006

Acclimatising

Was talking to hubby today about our experiences on the rock. We concluded that maybe if we had stayed a little longer and in better circumstances (our hotel was terrible!) maybe we would have got back in the groove so to speak - for him in terms of the heat - for me in terms of the culture. When we go back again, we'll go for longer and stay somewhere better than the hotel we stayed at in Ochie - I'll let you know how it goes when it happens.

In other news, the job search is going a little better. I have a temporary gig until next March but it pays less than half of what I was earning before. Why did I take it? Was out of work for 6 weeks and the redundancy money was drying up - I needed to take something so I took the 1st thing offered - with a view to looking for better at the same time. Some income is better than no income right? There's hope for a permanent role though at £10-£15k more than my last job. In the meantime I need to find a night gig. It's a matter of location - not many temporary comms gigs in Leeds. If I was in London now . . . Maybe a move is in order . . .

More tomorrow on current affairs hopefuly - I never wanted this blog to be about only me.

No comments: