Wednesday, October 07, 2009

Why does New Technology Take so Long to Come to the UK?

The Kindle was unveiled in 2007. The Sony book reader also about a couple of years ago. Here in the UK the Sony reader has just become available a few months ago and now there's news the UK friendly Kindle will be available in two weeks - but only through Amazon.com so we'll have to pay import duties for it!

Why did it take 2 years for these items to become available in the UK?

When I was living in Jamaica I could get access to all kinds of things as son as they were released. Now that I'm what's known as a first world country I have to wait 2 years! That makes sense to anyone?

Is the answer that we aren't producing new technology - the Americans are?

Come on - in this global world surely we should be able to have access to the best the world has to offer right here in our own back yard? Yeah sure, over the past two years I could have bought a Sony reader in the States and brought it back here but I live here. I should be able to buy this stuff here shouldn't I?

No comments: